Why Yoga is good for you
- Yoga can boost oxygen levels to the brain helping you feel happier and more relaxed.
- Yoga lowers blood pressure, relieves stress and helps you sleep better.
- Yoga can help to reduce the risk of injuries for runners, cyclists and in all sports by releasing tension in the muscles. Yoga can open up tight hamstrings and hips in runners, lengthen tight quadriceps in cyclists and improve flexibility in the shoulders and backs of swimmers.
- Yoga can help you lose weight by increasing your metabolism. It lowers levels of stress hormones and increases insulin sensitivity, a signal to your body to burn food as fuel rather than store it as fat.
- Yoga can improve muscle tone and strength as it requires you to hold positions that will naturally strengthen your muscles, using only your body weight for resistance.
- You will have more energy and your skin will be rejeuvenated.